Eversource Energy Project Manager, Gas Operations (CT) in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Role and Scope of Position: Assist with designing large / mid ($1M to $3M) complex projects in CT and MA. Responsible for providing oversight in the field and direction to construction crews for gas pipeline installations and ensuring adherence to procedures of projects. Collaborate with engineering to manage any changes that occur.
- Assist with the design of larger ($1M to $3M) complex Construction Projects that occur during the course of the construction season. (ex., Gate stations, regulator pits, large scale sales projects etc.).
- Develop special bids in conjunction with other departments (i.e., Engineering and Procurement) that may occur with these projects. Assist in determining the best route of projects, and developing timelines and budgets. Responsible for developing project scope, reviewing bids and making recommendations to Manager regarding the selection of contractors.
- Plan and schedule the projects in conjunction with the Planning and Scheduling Department of the Field Operations to develop timelines and ensure appropriate availability of resources.
- Supervise the projects under construction in the field.
- Review and approve all invoices and change orders that may occur on projects.
- Assist in development of reports that are required for Regulatory (PURA) agencies these can include projections, timelines, contractor selections, etc..
- Represent Eversource Gas Construction Department at meetings, town hall meetings and any special meetings that may occur.
A minimum of seven (7) years of related natural gas distribution, and / or general construction experience is required. Knowledge of distribution systems, gas construction standards and procedures is preferred. Project management experience and certification is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Applied Science, Business Administration, Accounting or the equivalent.
Ability to become Operator Qualified under the DOT Program Technical Knowledge/Skill:
- Ability to develop and present reports within the organization.
- Strong computer skills
- Valid Drivers license is required
- Ability to perform Off Hour Coverage
- Ability to perform field work, supervise contractors or in-house employees performing this work.
- Strong computer and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner.
- Ability to work at job sites under active construction.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.