Cigna Business Project Sr Specialist-EPM Team in Bloomfield, Connecticut
The Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) team is a specially-focused team within Cigna's Information Management & Analytics (CIMA) group. The EPM is responsible for delivering the comprehensive design, tactical realization and ongoing management of an effective and scalable Performance Management System in support of the Strategy, Segment & Solutions management process. The EPM team partners with key stakeholders from the Strategy, Segment & Solution business lines, as well as IM IT, to enable dynamic business decisions supported by authoritative data and metrics.
By partnering with the business lines, enterprise performance metrics will enable efficient and effective decision making to allow us to drive enterprise performance in key areas such as growth, margin, affordability and customer experience.
So, you’re interested in becoming the newest member of the EPM Team?
Great choice! Let’s check some boxes to see if you fit the bill:
• Conduct in-depth data analysis to derive metrics and reconcile to current / localized metrics?
• Partner with Strategy, Segment & Solutions business leads to drive consistent metric methodologies?
• Provide consultative services to key stakeholders to strengthen engagement and broaden enterprise wide metric alignment and adoption?
• Deploy self-service Performance Management dashboards to drive business questions/decisions?
You will be expected to have business content knowledge related to evaluating performance to target/goals in key strategic areas such as growth, margin, affordability, and customer experience as well as hands on experience with extensive data gathering & data analysis.
You will interface with all areas within Cigna's Strategy, Segments & Solutions Group,
Information Technology, Service Operations, Total Health & Network, and Marketing departments as needed.
The ideal candidate for this role will be highly motivated, flexible and open to embracing and leading change.
• Extensive data gathering and data analysis work to produce Performance Management metrics
• Superior communication and collaboration skills to ensure that metric discrepancies are understood and explainable in appropriate business / user terminology
• Capture current state ability to collect/ measure the desired end state performance, with a view of required process development/improvements.
• Responsible for producing outputs of Performance Management System metrics for key stakeholders
• Responsible for partnering with IT and other technical partners to develop the next generation of multi-dimensional Scorecards and/or Dashboards
• Define and document a plan to move from current state towards desired end state.
• Identify KPI measures to monitor the effectiveness of an enterprise-wide Performance Management System.
• Superior engagement and communication skills, applicable across all levels of a large organization
• Proven knowledge and experience in data mining and data analysis
• Knowledge and experience working with Performance, Risk and Value measurements
• Experience working with Operational metrics, including SLAs and Cost/Impact KPIs
• Knowledge and experience of Delivery, Stakeholder Value, Risk and Asset utilization metrics
• High competency in collecting requirements and developing documentation for IT development
• Experience with integrating components of metric generation into ongoing tools & processes to ensure accurate data capture and process adherence
• Experience developing metrics and KPI’s specifically for Management Reporting, including an awareness of relevance, impact and roll-up relationships to support complex top-down views.
• Understanding of Financial reporting
• Six Sigma /Lean Six training and experience desired, but not required
Primary Location: Bloomfield-Connecticut
Work Locations: 900 Cottage Grove Road Wilde Bloomfield 06152
Job: Bus Ops--Bus Proces & Proj Mgt
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: Mar 14, 2018, 4:41:03 PM
Cigna is an equal opportunity employer, which means we offer equal treatment to all applicants. Cigna does not discriminate, either directly or indirectly, on the grounds of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, national origin, ethnic origin, religion, beliefs or creed, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or genetic information in any area of recruitment. In some countries we ask for information on the ethnic origin, gender and disability of our applicants for the purpose of monitoring equal opportunity. If you have a disability and would like to indicate as part of your application any relevant effects of your disability and any adjustment which you consider should reasonably be made to the process to assist your application, please do so in the relevant field during the application process.