Allied Community Services, Inc. Special Needs - Direct Support Professional (Enfield, Connecticut) in Enfield, Connecticut
If you have experience in Human Services, a position in Allied's Day Habilitation Program for adults with disabilities can be rewarding, interesting and fulfilling. Full time, 1st Shift hours. Make a difference in the life of someone today!
JOB DETAILS - Special Needs - Day Program Staff - Direct Support Professional
- Great opportunity available to join our growing, stable and highly regarded organization, obtaining human services experience while making a difference in the lives of others.
- You'll work to encourage adults with disabilities to identify their strengths, develop and practice new skills, and actualize their hopes and dreams.
- You'll assist with teaching community accessibility skills, arts and crafts, music and daily living skills.
- 1st shift hours.
- We all work as part of a team to provide support, supervision, skills training and community experiences for individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- To find out what our jobs are like, feel free to view this youtube video
- Top consideration given to those with related experience & motivation to improve the lives of persons w/ disabilities.
- High school diploma, 21+ years of age. Clean criminal background and driving record required.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities is highly desired.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Professionalism interacting with people with disabilities and co-workers.
- Ability to complete work related tasks on a regular basis.
- Establishes and maintains healthy positive relationships with persons with disabilities.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact and communicate with elderly persons and individuals with disabilities with a high level of tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates and performs at all times following Allied's core values: Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, Collaboration, Accountability and Integrity.
- $13.00/hr to start
Allied Community Services, Inc. is a private, non-profit human services organization located in North Central Connecticut. Our agency, including subsidiaries Allied Rehabilitation Centers and Allied Community Resources, has been serving individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities, and individuals with acquired brain injuries since the early 1960's. You are encouraged to visit our website at http://alliedgroup.org.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please use our online application to apply. Thanks for your interest!
Allied Community Services, Inc. serves a diverse population in its programs. Applicants who have life experience, a multicultural background and are bilingual are encouraged to apply. Allied Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Previous experience as a caregiver, HHA - Home Health Aide helpful.
Keywords:Direct service professional, counselor, residential counselor, direct care counselor, habilitation specialist, human services, social services, social worker, case manager, health services, developmental disabilities, mental health, behavioral health
This is a non-management position This is a full time position