Cardinal Health Production Planner in Glastonbury, Connecticut
What Manufacturing Planning contributes to Cardinal Health
Manufacturing Planning is responsible for the forecasting, planning and scheduling of manufacturing resources, including equipment and labor resources to efficiently achieve manufacturing goals as defined by internal and external customer expectations. Responsible for distribution of finished goods. Addresses conflicts and constraints in manufacturing to achieve highest level of customer satisfaction.
Cardinal Health is currently seeking a Production Planner for an immediate need within our Glastonbury facility. Under the general direction of the Director of Operation this position is responsible for the planning of all finished kits. This will include the coordination and expediting of components, raw materials and services for manufacturing departments. These responsibilities may also include the procurement of overall company operational materials, supplies and/or contractual services.
- Individual is responsible for following the established Quality System and cGMP standards.
- Prepare production schedule for each unit based on Master Production Schedule and Capacity plan.
- Creates short term and long-term schedule. Short term should focus on current week. Long term should be 30, 60, and 90 days.
- Follow and establish practices that ensure the correct administration of the MPS/MRP parameters for planning, the appropriate use of the system and compliance follows practices and task that ensure the service metrics achievement.
- Participate and interact in manufacturing meetings for monitoring compliance of schedule attainment.
- Manage plant manufacturing requirements according to inventory policy and plant capacities.
- Ensuring that all tasks are performed in a professional manner that complies with our Total Quality Management commitment
- Reviewing raw material inventory and working with buyer to order as required.
- Keeping inventory investment and loss at a minimum.
- Assist in the control and disposition of slow moving and obsolete material.
- Assist in the return and replacement of product.
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in related field preferred
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in related production planning or product experience with a strong business background preferred
- Experience with an MRP system. Infor, SAP preferred
- PMAC and APICS Certification preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies basic concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform routine tasks
- Works on projects of limited scope and complexity
- Follows established procedures to resolve readily identifiable technical problems
- Works under direct supervision and receives detailed instructions
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.