Paradigm Precision Apprentice in Manchester, Connecticut
Paradigm Precision specializes in the manufacturing of complex fabrication and precision machined components for gas turbine engines.We serve customers around the world in commercial and military aviation, power generation, the marine industry, rotary wing and unmanned aerial vehicles.
To perform all aspects necessary over a training period in preparation for the position of welder, machinist, sheet metal worker, inspector or other manufacturing positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Aptitude to develop skills through on the job training.
- Learn the machinability of metals.
- Ability to perform simple setups on the equipment.
- Ability to operate multiple pieces of equipment when required.
- Change, set, and adjust tools as required.
- Check parts using specified gages or hand tools/precision measuring instruments or by using furnished fixtures to see that dimensions are being maintained.
- Report improper machine function and/or check parts not being held to proper dimensions.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Perform above requirements in a safe, productive and quality conscious manner.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the OSHA; use or wear the equipment, protective devices or clothing that the employer required be worn; report to his/her supervisor the absence of or defect in any equipment or protective device of which the worker is aware and which may endanger himself or another worker; and report to his supervisor, the existence of any hazard of which he knows.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Ability to work with other students and co-workers to solve problems and with other personnel during on the job training.
The job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred, but will accept Junior/Senior high school level.
- Ability to demonstrate good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Have the knowledge of and ability to learn shop geometry and trigonometry.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and blueprints.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before employees in the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram forms.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.**Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, electrical equipment, acetone, alcohol, argon, braze alloys, nitrogen, hydrogen, oil based lubricants and cleaning solutions
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moderate cold and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually middling.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to pass an eye exam on an annual basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and have the ability hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop or crouch.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to thirty (30) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position.Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor
Paradigm Precision is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other basis protected by law.
Country: United States
Department: Manufacturing Operations