Career Systems Development - Job Corp Residential Living Counselinlg Manager in New Haven, Connecticut
The Residential Living Counseling Manager is responsible for overseeing, supervising and monitoring all activities, duties and responsibilities personal and career development programs of the Residential Living and Recreation Department
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- This is a supervisory management position. Supervises Residential Living Senior Counselors/ Shift Leaders, Recreation Supervisor with oversite of all Residential and Recreation staff. Reviews for accuracy and approves staff timesheets.
- Conducts formal performance evaluations for staff under supervision in timely manner and provides regular and ongoing performance feedback.
- Responsible for the performance management of all employees under supervision including issuing Behavior Modification Agreements in conjunction with Human Resources and following the chain of command in accordance with CSD’s code of staff conduct.
- Assists in preparing weekly and monthly staff schedule.
- Responsible to ensure that assigned staff under supervision maintain an orderly, safe, clean and healthy living environment within areas of responsibility.
- Assists in preparing staff schedule and weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as assigned.
- Ensures Residential and Recreation Staff maintain orderly, safe, and clean conditions are maintained in a timely and professional manner through monitoring, delegation, and participation
Minimum:Bachelor’s degree (including 15 semester hours of instruction in social services-related instruction), five years experience in counseling or related field, plus two years experience working with youth and young adults.
Preferred:Master’s degree in counseling, social work, psychology, human service, or a closely related field. Previous Job Corps experience is a plus.
Knowledge Required:Ability to obtain a State driver’s license. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Knowledge of counseling techniques, proven leadership skills, proven supervisory skills, planning skills, and project management skills. Ability to relate to disadvantaged youth. Must obtain and maintain CPR/FA certification.
All post offer candidates must complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
Interested in making a difference in young adults’ lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of_ “Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment.”_
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone’s life. You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you would also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), legal, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Mon – Thurs. -1pm – 10pm , Fri 8am – 5pm
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Susan Evans at (888) 308-0338 to request a reasonable accommodation.