AMETEK, Inc. Maintenance Technician, Lead in Wallingford, Connecticut
Maintenance Technician, Lead
Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Experience Required:More than 10 years
Hours of Work:40
Location:US - Connecticut - Wallingford
Division:EMG - Specialty Metals
Education Required:High School Diploma
Email a FriendSaveSaveApply Now
AMETEK Specialty Metals is seeking a senior level, multi-disciplined technician or millwright with advanced knowledge of heavy industry mechanical systems. This will be a key member of the team responsible for the repair and maintenance of industrial production, support, and facility equipment to ensure safe, reliable operation. This position will also be heavily involved in breakdown analysis, continuous improvement and special equipment projects as directed.
BASE SALARY : DOE
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Works in conjunction with the Plant Engineering Manager and peers to lead and develop the Maintenance Team.
• Lead major mechanical rebuild, overhaul or alignment efforts
• Lead continuous improvement efforts which reduce cost and increase up time through
o Root cause analysis of significant failures
o Ensuring Preventive Maintenance system is effective
o Predictive maintenance (Oil analysis, vibration analysis)-
o Component/ design change to improve maintainability & reliability
• Participate in the execution and management of Capital Projects
• Provide Technical Expertise in troubleshooting, repair & technician training
• Monitor Life Cycle of major components (back up rolls, gearboxes, morgan bearings etc
• Assists the Plant Engineering Manager in maintaining CAD & technical Library - 10%
• Assists the Plant Engineering Manager in maintaining the plant’s environmental safety programs
• Assist in contractor management
• Assists in sourcing & ordering part parts and services for the department
• Establishes and maintain an effective system of communications throughout the Department.
• Has the ability to perform regular and preventive maintenance on manufacturing equipment and facilities including painting, oiling, greasing, adjusting and repairs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associated degree from two year college or technical school with five years related experience preferred or formal training and certification and 5 years experience in multi-skilled environment.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., kneel, stoop, climb ladders and stairs, stand for continuous periods of time.
Office & non-climate controlled manufacturing floor
• Demonstrate methodical approach to troubleshooting and excellent analytical skills
• Read, understand and revise blue prints, electrical schematics and piping diagrams
• Possess an advanced degree of proficiency in
o Theory, selection criteria and failure modes of Mechanical systems, including: bearings, drive trains, precision alignment, pumps, and blowers.
o Hydraulic & pneumatic systems
o Rigging and lifting of large machine components
• Communicate effectively and professionally with peers, management and outside vendors.
• Strong organization skills and proficient in MS office, CAD and project management software
• Must be available to occasionally work weekend and afterhours when needed.
• Knowledgeable of applicable safety requirements, codes and ‘best practices’.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.